Summer Science Camps for Kids in Dauphin County, PA
Is your son or daughter’s hero Bill Nye the Science Guy? Are you looking for an engaging and educational experience for your kids this summer? Science Explorers offers fun and hands-on summer camps right here in Dauphin County!
Our full-day and half-day camps are perfect for your science-loving child. Let their imaginations run wild as they explore one of our camp themes. They’ll have a blast while they complement their education with topics in science, math and engineering. Our science camps near Hershey and Harrisburg, PA, are just the thing to keep your child learning once school ends.
Choose a Summer Camp in the Harrisburg Area
We offer exciting camps for kids with all kinds of scientific interests. You’ll be thrilled when they come home each day, excited about what they learned and ready to go back for more! Our instructors’ enthusiasm is contagious — you’ll become as excited about science as we are! Our current camp opportunities include:
- Ready, Set, Science! — During this full-day camp, your child will learn through many different activities. We focus on a new topic every day! Explore concepts like electricity, chemistry and engineering. Your child won’t even realize how much they’re learning while they complete fun activities like making gadgets, using magnets, concocting gooey slime, building rockets and designing catapults. For children ages 7-11.
- Fizz, Bang, Boom, Bot! — Explore the science that powers robots and causes chemical reactions! Your child will create their own invention using a motor, make a kaleidoscope, and study giant bubbles. Stay for the whole day and they’ll get to build an electric game and compete in a tall tower contest! For children ages 7-11.
- Potions, Powders & Polymers — Forget witches and wizards! Scientists make crazy concoctions too! In our half-day camp, your child will search for buried treasure, discover the secret behind the trickiest illusions and create amazing monsters with foaming mouths! For the full day, we’ll make slime, catch a rainbow in a bottle and observe mysterious creatures! For children ages 7-11.
- Take a Dive — Does your child love going to the beach? If your child loves marine biology and oceanography, this camp is for them! Your child will dissect an actual shark, study fish anatomy and create their own kelp forest. If they stay the full day, they’ll get personal with some weird animals that live in the ocean! For children ages 7-11.
- Junior Explorers — This is a half-day camp meant for our younger scientists. Your child will explore different habitats, including arctic, rainforest and more! They’ll dig for dinos, watch a volcano erupt and explore their own cave. For children ages 4-6.
We Value STEM Learning
Science, technology, engineering and math are valuable far beyond your child’s time school. They’ll also use these skills the rest of their lives. A STEM education doesn’t just teach your child about the world — it also gives them problem-solving, critical thinking and teamwork skills. That’s why Science Explorers proudly supports STEM education.
If your child wants to embrace their love of science this summer, search for one of our camps in Dauphin County today!