Science Camps for Kids in Philadelphia
Is your child curious about how the world works? Do they love to get their hands dirty? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then welcome to Science Explorers! We offer full-day and half-day summer camps with topics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Give your young scientist an exciting, hands-on experience where they’ll have fun while they learn! Our science camps near Ambler and Dresher, PA, will enrich your child’s education and give them a lifelong passion for science and learning.
Search for Kids’ Summer Camps in the Bryn Mawr, PA, Area
Science Explorers offers a variety of camps with different themes. No matter which camp you choose, you won’t be disappointed! Our fun and smart instructors will guide your children through exciting activities. Our camp themes this year include:
- Ready, Set, Science! — Modeled after our after-school program, your child will explore a different theme every day during this full-day camp! We’ll study electricity by completing a circuit to build a buzzer and building a water wheel. We’ll become chemists by creating heat-sensitive slime and making fizzy bath pods. We’ll be engineers as we learn how machines make life easier, make wind-up toys and construct solar ovens. For children ages 7-11.
- Fizz, Bang, Boom, Bot! — What do you get when you combine physics, chemistry and electricity? You get Fizz, Bang, Boom, Bot! During our half-day camp, your child will do experiments with light and flight and make their own kaleidoscopes. For the full day, they’ll also build their own robot, concoct glowing slime and participate in a competition to see who can build the tallest tower! For children ages 7-11.
- Potions, Powders & Polymers — Witches, wizards and scientists are all welcome! In the half-day camp, we’ll create funny creatures with foaming mouths, study the science behind illusions and build a device to see the light spectrum. If you stay for the full day, you’ll use a bottle to capture a rainbow and experiment on a mystery substance to discover its components. For children ages 7-11.
- Take a Dive — We’ll bring the ocean to you! In the morning camp, we’ll learn about fish anatomy and then dissect an actual shark! We’ll also make our own kelp forests and build a submarine. Stay for the full day and you’ll face weird sea life. Dissect a squid and learn about the weird things that happen deep underwater! For children ages 7-11.
- Jr. Explorers — This half-day camp is just the thing for your younger scientist. We’ll learn about different habitats, from the frigid Arctic to the arid desert. Your child will excavate dinosaurs, experience an erupting volcano and go spelunking in their own personal cave! For children ages 4-6.
We Care About STEM
STEM learning doesn’t only educate your children in science, technology, engineering and math. It also gives them important skills that they can use in any area for the rest of their lives. Give your children the problem-solving and critical thinking skills that they can use in every subject.